Chiefs for Gender Equity profile - Christian Paech
General Counsel, Santos Limited
“Gender equity is a fundamental tenement upon which we should judge the success of a workplace and society as a whole. It is the only means by which we can maximise the talent available to business which is essential to maintaining a competitive edge and creating an environment in which our children truly have equal opportunities available to them”.
Christian is General Counsel of Santos Limited, having acted in various legal roles at Santos since 2004.
As General Counsel he advises the Santos Board and management on legal matters affecting the company and its operations. This includes bringing an awareness of gender equity issues as they relate to productivity and profitability.
He is also responsible for the company’s legal function, which supports the corporate and business units in joint venture agreements, project development, dispute resolution, statutory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, gas sales and production sharing contracts.
Prior to joining Santos, Christian worked in private practice for over 10 years spending time at Ashurst in London and Freehills in Australia. While in private practice his main focus was in M&A, commercial contracts, capital raisings and corporate governance.
Last updated on 26 October, 2016 - 16:34.
- EO for you
- EO for business
- Shops and services
- Chiefs for Gender Equity
- Chiefs for Gender Equity Charter
- Chiefs for Gender Equity - Flexible Work
- Chiefs profile - Scott Ashby
- Chiefs profile - Eva Balan-Vnuk
- Chiefs Profile - Warren Bebbington
- Chiefs Profile - Clare Harris
- Chiefs profile - David Martin
- Chiefs profile - Jacqui McGill
- Chiefs Profile - Christian Paech
- Chiefs profile - Inca Pearce
- Chiefs Profile - Glynn Phillips
- Chiefs profile - Jane Pickering
- Chiefs Profile - Sandy Pitcher
- Chiefs Profile - Matt Salisbury
- Chiefs Profile - Rob Stobbe
- Chiefs profile - Con Tragakis
- Chiefs profile - Lester Wynne-J