Chiefs for Gender Equity - Sandy Pitcher
Chief Executive; Dept of Environment, Water and Natural Resources
Sandy Pitcher commenced as the Chief Executive of the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources in January 2015, where she has focused on includes developing a vibrant nature-based tourism strategy for South Australia, connecting people to parks and delivering on the state’s ambitious Climate Change agenda.
Sandy was the Deputy Chief Executive of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet for 5 years. She was responsible for many areas, including the South Australian Cabinet Office, the Economic Analysis Division and the Strategic Engagement and Communications division.
In 2012 Sandy was awarded the South Australian Telstra Business Woman of the year for the Community and Public sector category, and went on to win the national title in November 2012.
Sandy has worked in London, primarily as the head of Corporate and Parliamentary Affairs in the UK's Commission for Racial Equality, and has previously worked in Commonwealth public sector roles in Canberra and Sydney.
Educated at the University of Adelaide, Sandy has degrees in law and the humanities. She was raised in Mannum.
- EO for you
- EO for business
- Shops and services
- Chiefs for Gender Equity
- Chiefs for Gender Equity Charter
- Chiefs for Gender Equity - Flexible Work
- Chiefs profile - Scott Ashby
- Chiefs profile - Eva Balan-Vnuk
- Chiefs Profile - Warren Bebbington
- Chiefs Profile - Clare Harris
- Chiefs profile - David Martin
- Chiefs profile - Jacqui McGill
- Chiefs Profile - Christian Paech
- Chiefs profile - Inca Pearce
- Chiefs Profile - Glynn Phillips
- Chiefs profile - Jane Pickering
- Chiefs Profile - Sandy Pitcher
- Chiefs Profile - Matt Salisbury
- Chiefs Profile - Rob Stobbe