Equal Pay Day signing event
On Friday, September 5 - Equal Pay Day - BankSA hosted an event with the Equal Opportunity Commissioner and South Australian Chiefs for Gender Equity, where South Australian CEOs signed a statement of support for the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs).
The South Australian Chiefs comprise a group of local business leaders who work closely with the Equal Opportunity Commission to address the gender wage gap and promote action that will lead to meaningful changes.
The UN WEPs are a framework for gender equality and are aimed at practical ways of investing, advancing and empowering women in the workplace. In Australia there are currently 16 signatories to the WEPs.
At the event, Chiefs Nick Reade, BankSA; Con Tragakis, KPMG; David Martin, Finlaysons and Rob Stobbe; SA Power Networks, committed their businesses to the seven WEP principles:
- Corporate leadership for gender equity
- Equal opportunity, non-discrimination and human rights
- Health, safety and wellbeing
- Education, training and professional development
- Enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices
- Community leadership, engagement and advocacy
- Measuring and reporting
Last updated on 29 May, 2015 - 11:00.