Home › EO for business › Employers › Staffing › Dismissing, retrenching and retiring staff › Dismissing staff ›
What to do about unfair dismissal and unlawful termination claims
Unfair dismissal and unlawful termination laws are complex and subject to change. If you receive a claim, seek advice. Here is a list of who to contact.
- Fair Work Australia - telephone 1300 799 675 or visit www.fwa.gov.au
- SA Industrial Relations Commission - telephone 8207 0999 or visit www.industrialcommission.sa.gov.au
- Equal Opportunity Commission for claims of unlawful discrimination – telephone 8207 1977. For more information, read our Responding to a complaint fact sheet.
- The Australian Human Rights Commission for federal claims of unlawful discrimination - telephone 1300 656 419 or visit www.hreoc.gov.au
- Your employer organisation or industry association
- Traineeship and Apprenticeship Services to terminate a training contract with a trainee or apprentice – telephone 1800 673 097.
Last updated on 20 May, 2010 - 12:43.