Good staff are a valuable asset, so it is important to find the right people.
When hiring staff it is unlawful only to consider someone, or reject someone, because of their
- association with a child
- caring responsibilities
- chosen gender
- marital or domestic partnership status
- religious appearance or dress (in work or study)
- spouse or partner's identity
unless it interferes with their ability to do the job.
This section explains how to avoid discrimination when hiring your staff.
Last updated on 4 July, 2011 - 17:25.
- EO for you
- EO for business
- Employers' responsibilities
- Dealing with complaints in the workplace
- Employer toolkit
- Shops and services
- Chiefs for Gender Equity