Age Matters videos
Myths and stereotypes about older workers are often hidden and deeply entrenched. However, education, awareness raising and information can highlight misconceptions and help bring about changes in both attitudes and actions.
Age Matters is a project providing practical information and resources for employers on retaining and attracting older workers in a competitive environment.
The Media Resource Centre, working with the Equal Opportunity Commission, SafeWork SA, the Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology and the Office for Women, has created some short films to help inform the community, including workers and employers, about the benefits of employing mature age people.
You can view the clips below or by using the links:
- Age Matters: statistics on mature age workers (http://bit.ly/Ku6Z0y)
- Change your perception about older workers (http://bit.ly/1gcFa7p)
- Flexible working options for mature age workers (http://bit.ly/1a2lA9R)
- Marie’s story: increasing skills through training (http://bit.ly/1eh0s2c)
- Peter’s story: mature age workers adding value to business (http://bit.ly/K09NSl)