Why does Equal Opportunity matter?
Discrimination and sexual harassment occurs in workplaces of all sizes and across all sectors and industries in South Australia.
If improperly handled, equal opportunity matters can be costly to businesses, and not just in terms of litigation.
Complaints against the business can result in a drop in workplace morale, lost productivity and comes with reputational risk.
How can we help?
We can offer you:
- Resources, guidelines and fact sheets about promoting a respectful, equitable and inclusive culture at your workplace.
- Confidential workplace reviews with recommendations for improvement.
- Support in developing equality, diversity and inclusion strategies and action plans.
- Training packages that are customised to your workplace’s size, sector and industry.
- Advice and support about how to report to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency, and how to achieve White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation.
- Comprehensive cultural change programs (including progress reporting).
What sets us apart?
As part of the Office for the Commissioner for Equal Opportunity, we have a vested interest in your success to prevent discrimination in the workplace. We are also the primary authority on equal opportunity law in South Australia, and have standing relationships with national bodies including the Australian Human Rights Commission.
Our expert consultants take a long-term view to workplace cultural change, and ensure that our support is relevant, practicable and can be easily embedded into your day-to-day practices. Our services are:
- Confidential and impartial
- Tailored to your organisation’s needs
- Aligned with equal opportunity law and current best practice.
“What stood out for us was the EOC’s ability to remain neutral, to understand cultural concerns and their ability to advise on ways to move forward.” - Client feedback
Our team and network of experts can provide advice on:
- Gender equality
- Disability inclusion in employment
- Preventing and responding to workplace bullying and sexual harassment
- Preventing discrimination and promoting equal opportunity
- Promoting cultural diversity in the workplace
- Implementing flexible work arrangements
- Preventing and responding to domestic and family violence
- Recruiting diverse workforces and managing unconscious bias
“With [the EOC’s] ongoing monitoring and evaluation and the outcomes we are starting to see in our organisation, we are confident that we are heading in the right direction to enhance as an inclusive organisation where our people are safe, respected and supported to reach their potential.” - Client feedback
Equal Opportunity Consulting
Tel: 08 8207 1977