Online Searching Tasks
Here are some ideas for online searching tasks for students (note that the answers are not contained in the EO4Schools section):
- In what year did:
- Women gain the vote in South Australia?
- Aboriginal people become entitled to vote in Federal elections?
- South Australia decriminalize homosexual conduct?
- Federal Parliament pass age-discrimination laws?
- South Australia grant legal recognition to same-sex couples?
- South Australia pass discrimination laws to protect carers?
- Who is South Australia’s Minister with responsibility for equal opportunity law? Give the Ministerial portfolio and the person’s name.
- Who is the Federal Minister responsible for human rights? Give the Ministerial portfolio and the person’s name.
- Name two websites where you can read the South Australian Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA) in full.
- Find a ground of discrimination that is covered by Victorian law but not South Australian law.
- Find out whether the MP for your local electorate spoke in Parliament about the amendments to SA’s Equal Opportunity Act in 2009.
- How many different languages are spoken in Australia today?
- What is the average age in South Australia now?
- Locate the current Federal Government’s and Federal Opposition’s policy about protecting carers from discrimination.
- Find 4 examples of legal restrictions on free speech (laws that limit what a person or a company can say or publish in speech or writing.)