The business case for gender equality
Understanding why gender equality is important and how it can help your business thrive is vital for helping you drive change. Use this resource to understand the benefits of gender equality and get advice on how to build a business case that is specific to your business.
More business case resources
- Building the business case for gender equality: The case of a hospitality group in Australia - University of Melbourne, Centre for Workplace Leadership
- Build a business case for gender equality - Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Promote and improve gender equality in Australian workplaces - Workplace Gender Equality Agency
Workforce equality assessment
To improve gender equality in your workforce, you first need to have a good understanding of the balance of men and women across different roles and levels in your organisation. Use this resource to understand gender equality in your business and to help you identify potential problems in recruitment, promotion and staff turnover.
More assessment resources
- Women in male-dominated industries: A toolkit of strategies - Australian Human Rights Commission
- Beyond First Impressions: Reducing unconscious bias in the workplace - Chiefs for Gender Equity
Diversity makes businesses more productive. But to achieve diversity in your workforce, you need to make your recruitment strategies fair and free from discrimination and bias. Use these resources to attract female job applicants and to check that your recruitment is free from discrimination.
More recruitment resources
- Gender & Equality in Transport and Logistics: Best Practice Principles - SA Freight Council
- In the Eye of the Beholder: Avoiding the Merit Trap - Male Champions of Change
- Gender equitable recruitment and promotion: A guide for organisations - Workplace Gender Equality Agency
Making sure men and women receive equal pay when doing the same work or work of comparable value means all employees are paid fairly and female employees are retained. Use these resources to help you identify and investigate pay gaps in your business and to develop an action plan to fix them.
- Closing the Pay Gap - Male Champions of Change
- Addressing pay equity for small business - guide and worked examples - WGEA & Economic Security4Women