Customer service charter
A customer service charter clearly displayed in your shop or business helps staff and customers know what is expected and that you are committed to quality service. Consult with your staff to develop your customer service charter and review it on a regular basis.
Here is a sample charter of service that you can adapt to suit your business. For example, if you offer free services such as gift wrapping or home delivery, you could add those to the charter.
Good service EQUALS good business
So we will:
- Serve you respectfully and efficiently.
- Welcome you warmly and thank you sincerely.
- Be knowledgeable about our products and services.
- Welcome your comments and deal with any problems quickly.
You can help us by:
- Giving us all the information we need to help you.
- Letting us know if you have any special needs.
- Telling us how we can improve our services.
- Asking us to explain anything you are not sure of.
This sample customer service charter also appears on a quick reference guide for your counter or desktop, along with a complaint handling checklist. Contact us to have one or more posted to you.
You can also adapt the sample code of conduct below for your business. The sample code of conduct also covers basic equal opportunity information and how staff are expected to treat their co-workers.