Tools for Business
Work flex is an easy to use guide for business that uses best practice and case studies on flexible work arrangements. Many businesses think flexible work is not for them or that it's too hard to implement. This guide helps education employers and provides tips on how to introduce flexible work practices that work for both parties.
Work Smarter. Work Better. Work Flex was launched on 9 March 2017 at the University of Adelaide’s International Women’s Day lunch forum.
- Work Smarter. Work Better. Work Flex Toolkit (PDF 948.54 KB)
- Sample Work from Home Agreement (PDF 50.9 KB)
- Video of the Chiefs' panel discussion. (University of Adelaide YouTube Channel)
- Short highlights video of Chief's panel discussion. (University of Adelaide YouTube Channel)
Reducing Unconscious Bias
Unconscious biases can have a serious impact on workplace culture – they affect who gets hired, who gets promoted and how we measure performance. Beyond first impressions: reducing unconscious bias in the workplace aims to help organisations to recognise and understand their biases. It also provides tools to ensure that systems and processes are free from bias, in turn supporting organisations to ensure greater gender equality within their workplace.
- Beyond First Impressions
- Microsoft’s free online training on unconscious bias
- ‘Do you see what I see? The impact of gender stereotypes on work’ - Video of joint panel discussion with the Chiefs and the Premier’s Council for Women as part of Open State 2017
Setting and measuring gender equity goals
What gets measured gets done is an easy-to-follow guide to setting gender equity goals within organisations. The framework contained within the guide is flexible and can be adapted to reflect your workplace’s size, focus and stage of development.
- What gets measured gets done: Gender Equality Accountability Framework
- Gender Strategy Toolkit (WGEA)
- Accelerating change – Ideas for Action from the Male Champions of Change