Lodging a complaint
If you decide to lodge a complaint you need to:
- Provide your complaint in writing - this can be in your preferred language. This should be no longer than 5 pages.
- Explain what has happened and why you think it is discrimination.
- Identify the grounds of discrimination and an area of activity in your complaint (see the form for more details).
- Include details about the organisation that you believe has discriminated against you.
- Attach copies of any relevant documentation.
- Send your complaint to us within 12 months of the last act of discrimination.
- Sign and date your complaint and forward to the EOC or submit your complaint online.
Lodging a complaint on behalf of someone else:
- You need to have written and signed consent of the complainant to submit a complaint on their behalf. (This may be a power of attorney if person is unable to sign for themselves.)
- This needs to be provided to us before the complaint will be considered.